Sunday, April 27, 2008

Box #2





This actually started out being my very first project, after taking those classes last year and driving out to Ashby to buy a shit ton of spalted maple last summer, but it's been sitting on the end of my bench for months, waiting for me to stop procrastinating. I was originally going to try to inlay something on top, but I don't think I'm ready for that yet. Spalted maple is soft and full of little holes, as well, which wouldn't be a good surface for nitpicky stuff like inlay, anyway.
No, I don't know how to speak French, at all. And I made it up, so yeah, it could be a completely incorrect and untranslatable mess- no worse than "Happy Festival", though. I'll never top that guy.
De dans la moelle is meant to translate to something like "from within the pith"- moelle means pith but also marrow, which are similar ideas- it can be taken to refer to either the pith of a tree, or bone marrow, or 'the heart of your heart', if you're into that sort of thing, or all of it at once.
This thing's headed to Savannah by next week.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kate Wells said...

He is going to freak out! You know he's been drawing up death's head himself quite a bit lately.

April 28, 2008 at 6:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. I'm fucking psyched.

-Ron.

April 30, 2008 at 9:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this thing rules.

May 12, 2008 at 9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home