Saturday, April 19, 2008

My pea seeds are finally starting to sprout. I stuck a bunch of tree branches in the ground for them to climb on, and also for the morning glories- when friends come over for the long-postponed cookout, there will inevitably be stick-gardening jokes, because right now the branches look like they're the only things actually going on back there. I watched a bluejay and a mockingbird silently follow each other around the trees this morning. The mockingbird waits until dark, then sings every night for a full 15 minutes. Cardinals had taken over the neighborhood over the past few years, but he's making for some serious competition this spring. I can hear the cardinals about a block away right now. The crazy neighbors have a cherry tree that I somehow never noticed before that's in full bloom right now.
Stupid human tricks can be incredibly disheartening, but the return of life in the spring is always such a calming, grounding influence on me, how could I ever hate it for having a cruel side?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home